Socialising is good for you. There are many ways to socialise. Whether you take up a hobby, join a community group, or just meet up with friends having a social life plays an important role in staying healthy, active and well.
Here are ten good reasons why socialising helps us get more from life.
1. It is fun – connect with the people around you.
2. Makes you more active – find an activity you enjoy.
3. You feel you belong and are part of the group.
4. Promotes self-esteem – be proud of what you achieve.
5. Mental stimulation – help your memory, share knowledge and learn.
6. It gives structure to your day.
7. You give – your friendship to others.
8. It reduces stress – it helps to focus on things outside yourself.
9. Combats loneliness – and can help ease depression.
10. Makes you healthier – boosting your mood helps strengthen your immune system.
Sponsored by Ageing Well in Northumberland
Browse through the Golden Guide to find ideas, activities and groups, for transport help to get you there and ways to make friends even if you can’t get out and about.