SAFE week is a local annual campaign to raise awareness about protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and harm.
This year SAFE week will be held from Monday 23rd – Sunday 29th September. Look out for events for children, adults, families and professionals which will be held all week in Northumberland and North Tyneside.
The focus is on Scams Awareness. You can find out more about scams from Friends Against Scams and National Trading Standards. Also visit the Age UK website for helpful information on fraud and scams, or contact them for a copy of their Easy Read guide – email@example.com
During SAFE week there will be more information about a range of scams on Northumberland County Council’s Facebook page.
For professional staff
The Safeguarding team will be circulating a range of resources to raise awareness about scams, and offer tips to promote safety. They would like you to support them by promoting events happening during the week.
You may consider holding an event yourself, or you can raise awareness within your organisation during staff briefings, but most importantly try to speak to and inform the people that you are providing services to.
If you are thinking of holding an event, or would like any support or resource materials please contact: karen.wright01@northumberland.
Northumberland SAFE week events
Coffee Mornings, 27 September
- Blyth Civic Centre – Julie Stewart
- Azure, Cramlington – Redfern@azure-charitable.co.uk
- Customer Service Centres – all week
- County Hall – 27 September (including cake stall)
- Jack and Josephine – promoting their social story through pop up sessions within Learning Disability services. To raise awareness of scams.
- Central User Forum (Learning Disabilities) – awareness raising sessions.
Information talks on Fraud and Scams awareness for four carers groups. They will be delivered by a community banker from Natwest and in collaboration with National Trading Standards initiative “Friends Against Scams”:
- Bedlington 18 September 1:30pm – 2.30pm
- Berwick 25 September 1130am – 12.30pm
- Cramlington 26 September 130pm – 2.30pm
- Alnwick 30 September 2pm – 3pm
For details contact Lisa Mordue – Information and Engagement Coordinator at LisaMordue@carersnorthumberland.org.uk